Does the idea of planning a summer vacation and finding activities for the entire family sound stressful? Look no further than a Williamsburg vacation to please the whole crowd! Named one of the top family destinations in the US, Williamsburg offers the perfect combination of history, fun and excitement . The kids will think you are the greatest, and you can feel good about the things they will be learning.
Just to make sure you have a great time, Williamsburg Vacations has created a fool proof list of the top 5 family friendly activates to include in your vacation package!
5. Sometimes the most interesting perspective is one you don’t see every day. Spooks and Legends Haunted Tours of Colonial Williamsburg’s Historic Area captivate audiences of all ages with 18th Century gossip and scandal. This family friendly tour gets rave reviews and has been the #1 rated hunted tour on Trip Advisor for several years. Discounted tickets can be added to your Williamsburg hotel reservation.
4. Spend an afternoon or evening at Yorktown – This riverfront town alongside the York River has one of the best local beaches, as well as the Riverwalk, local shops and casual dining. Kids will love pirate adventures at the Waterman’s Museum and history enthusiasts can see the battlefield where the Revolutionary War was won! If you visit on summer evenings it’s not unusual to enjoy live music and even “shag dance” lessons!
3. Go Ape! Slip into a safety harness and spend time in the trees at the Go Ape Treetop Adventure, with zip lines and obstacle courses designed for ages 6 and up test your merit and climbing ability in a fun, safe atmosphere. The pictures of you swinging like Tarzan will make for great stories when you get home!
2. RevQuest! If you kids are in to scavenger hunts and spy games, or have participated in the popular MagiQuest, they will love Colonial Williamsburg’s version, Rev Quest. The 2015 Quest: The Kings Advance uses your phone and a set of clues to make your way through the Historic Area and solve the mystery. If you are looking for a way to get them interested in history, this is it! Best of all it’s included with your Colonial Williamsburg admission ticket.
1. Star Spangled Nights at Busch Gardens – Each Friday – Sunday between July 3 and September 6, Busch Gardens lights up the sky in an illuminated tribute to our nation. Of course that is just the perfect ended to an already exciting day including their newest thrill ride Tempesto which opened in April. Click Here to learn more about ticket specials and Busch Gardens packages.
Ready to go? For more information on these and other great Williamsburg Activities visit Williamsburg Vacations.